Pages

1.05.2014

...there's a bathroom on the right

Procrastination has become my middle name, at least where blogging is concerned. Perhaps I will make amends and do better but then again...

One of my intended posts for December was to show the breathtaking beauty of the full moon last month. If the skies were clear in your area of the world, you know what I mean. Over a two day period it was almost as if I could reach up and pluck that beautiful white orb out of the sky. 

I really did intend to show you the beauty, I have the photos to back me up on my intent. Here, let me show you.

This was Miss Moon on the fifteenth, no filter just her in all her glory.


And here she is the next morning, a bit higher in the horizon but beautiful nonetheless. Again, no filters or editing.


On the sixteenth I happened to out and about around the time she began to emerge from the other side of the world. Unfortunately, I didn't have a tripod ready so the clarity is not what it could have been. 


While taking the above picture I had the Creedence Clearwater Revival song where the chorus says 'there's a bad moon on the rise' playing in my head which then caused me to remember what Hank used to think it said 'there's a bathroom on the right'. Yeah, I don't know either.

Coming back home from my out and abouting I saw the Miss Moon a little higher in the night sky and figured that if I used the car hood as a tripod I might get a couple of interesting shots. Tell me what you think.



I love photographing the sun and the moon, especially in the winter as the air is clearer. I relish waiting for just the right moment to capture the glory of God in his creations. However, often what I see and capture on film (er, flash card) are not the same. Nothing can compare with seeing nature in its natural state...but it's sure fun to try and interpret what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment