Pages

11.01.2013

Climbing The Soapbox...Again

There is an election coming up next week in My Little Corner, oh how the fur has been flying! 


The election that has most in a tizzy has to do with a $36,000,000.00 (I know, write the word not the number...but all those zeros are so nice all neat in a row!) school bond election. There is another election that deals with amendments to the Texas constitution, or something of that sort, it's riding in the backseat at the moment in this corner of Texas.  Early voting seems to be going fast and furious, which is lovely in my book.  But...

...there will be those that won't get out and rock the vote.  I have one thing to say, actually two. Thing one, many men and women have died to provide the citizens of this great nation with the right and privilege of voting, many continue working at preserving this right and privilege. Don't be a slacker. Thing two, if you don't get out and vote, in my book, you forfeit the right to bitch (yep, I said it) and moan if things didn't turn out the way you wanted. If you want the propositions to pass, get out and vote and if they do, you can proudly say you were a part of the process. If they pass and you voted against them, you can wail and moan loud and proud because you earned it. And vice versa. 

I won't tell you how I voted (I like to early vote...beat the crowd, ya know), those that know me know how that went.  But, I will tell you this: Get. Out. And. Vote.

Curious as to what the flying fur looks like? See this, or this, or this, or this 

No comments:

Post a Comment