Pages

10.27.2013

My Little Corner

I've mentioned before how long it took me to fall in love with this corner of the world. For years I thought 'life will be better, more interesting, when we move from this place'. When I finally got over myself, I fell in love with this little corner of Texas...and Texas as a whole. It ain't NYC, but it's mine and it's home.

NYC has been on my mind of late. It seems as if everyone loves NYC. A dear friend of mine and her hubby are currently visiting the Big Apple, she's posted several Intagrams of their adventures, it looks very intriguing. There's a blogger that I visit every now and again that lives in New York City, she'll post several photos of her daily NYC adventures, replete with a forest of tall buildings, people, and places to visit. She loves living there, or so it seems. Daughter and Son-in-law are planning a visit to the Big Apple, she's excited. Another friend of mine is itching to go back, especially at Christmas she says. I can't say I share their sentiments. When I see photos of New York City I get claustrophobic. Too many people, too many buildings, too much noise, toomuchtoomuchtoomuch.  There was a time when I thought I would like to visit the Big Apple, now I just want wide open spaces



and a forest that's really a forest.


I know, don't judge you've never been. 

If someone were to give me an all expenses paid trip to New York City, I wouldn't turn it down...I don't think I would. But, I've become a real country girl, complete with cows and tractor driving and I'm most comfortable in My Little Corner of Texas.

5 comments:

  1. NYC would be fun to visit, cause Hollywood sure does glamorize life in New York..... (I still want to visit the Statue of Liberty one day) but to have to pay their taxes??? As we say in Texas, "Ain't no way!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollywood sure does glam up NYC, doesn't it? I can't even begin to imagine what the taxes must be!

      Delete
  2. Seriously... what is the obsession with NYC? I see it too... and I have to agree I'm happy where I'm at. I think it's best to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, happiness is best found where we are at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Veronica you have such a talent for photography and writing. Your blog is one of my favorites.

    Jennifer (Fowler)

    ReplyDelete