Pages

9.01.2013

I Need Help

The United States is on the brink of going to war, again, in the Middle East. Syria is not playing nice, not nice at all. But that's not what's been weighing heavy on my mind recently, though I have given another war a great deal of consideration. 

What has me all bothered is this: when is a woman too old to wear her hair long? Seriously. I want to know. In four years I will be the big six-oh. EEEEEK! It looks worse in writing than I thought!!! I've been considering a change of hair style for a while, not sure what to do with it though. I do know, though, that I don't know of any sixty year old woman that wears her hair long. Short at sixty seems to be the by-law. Unless you're Cher and, well, she's...different. Ugh.

I'm not good at wearing short hair. If it's too short, I look like a frizzy poodle's tail, not good. Plus, it has to be washed and styled every. single. day. I know what you're thinking, I could be like those ladies that go to the beauty shop and get their hair done once a week. Uh, no. As it is now, I can wash it every other day and pull it up into a pony tail on the second day, done and done. Easy. No fuss. Perfect. Aaaannnd, on lazy days completely wash and wear. On days when there's time, or after I've grown weary of the natural curl, I can load up on product, use the Chi, and voila, straight and smooth. 

Long hair is so much more versatile. But, the age thing. I suppose my angst is partially due to the fact that there has been a change of status with my stylist of the past ten or so years.  Tricia is now a nurse, a dang good nurse too. And she had a baby. And my main reason for going to Utah has moved to Arizona. So, there you have it. I need a new stylist. Bleh. 

I'm sure you know how hard it is to find a good stylist. You have to look long and hard to find just the right fit. They're the ones that make you look good. Ever had a bad hair cut? Yes? Okay, then you know what I mean. On top of a hair cut, this new stylist will also be coloring my hair. Ever seen a bad coloring? Yes? Then you know how hard this is. Sheesh. 

There you have it, the gravest problem in the world and I don't know what to do. Have a look, give me your input on what would work. I'll consider almost anything...except shaving my head...maybe.


4 comments:

  1. Keep it long! Its beautiful! Just my opinion :-) I feel like long hair doesn't look good on many women as they age because their hair isn't as nice, but you're an exception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... keep it long!

    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short hair is too high maintenance...you have beautiful hair--I think you should keep it long. :-)

    xo...
    jenn

    ReplyDelete