Pages

8.13.2013

how i spent the rest of my summer

As you can tell from the lack of posts, I've been busy this summer, or at least I'd like to think so. I had the best of intentions when the summer break rolled around of posting at least three times a week. We all know where the well paved road of intentions leads, or so they say...whoever 'they' are. 

My last post gave you the Reader's Digest version of the first half of my summer hiatus. Here's what happened the second half.


I had my Rocket Man for ten glorious days. Life was good.
Ten days filled with kicking it with Rocket Man in the early hours of the morning so mom could get some serious down time with the pillow.


Endless games of hiding. We all know that if I can't see you, you can't see me....no matter how much of me is peeking out from behind the curtain.



Ten days of hanging with Papa and having deep conversations about crackers and Legos.


Technology is definitely for the young, Rocket Man is a whiz at working anything the begins with 'i'. Not to mention that he knows his shapes. 


I had the best helper when it came to watering the pots, it has not been the same since he left (insert heavy sigh).


Rocket Man experienced his first Otter Pop while visiting, it was a hit. They are quite good on a hot summer day.


As a young mom I loathed the messes Daughter would make, Rocket Man messes are another story. I miss them. But, that's the nature of the beast isn't it. When you're in the throes of motherhood you can't wait for them to grow up but when you're in the throes of grandmotherhood, you can't get enough. 


Hurry back Rocket Man, we miss you.


1 comment:

  1. Awh! Precious boy! I could tell you were missing him something fierce when you showed me his dancing video yesterday. He is lucky to have you as his abuelita!
    -RP

    ReplyDelete