Pages

6.11.2013

Wild Thing, I Think I Love You

We as humans are pitiful at predicting what Mother Nature will do. I've learned to just let her be and let her do what she will and enjoy the ride. This year the weather guys and gals, along with newspaper guys and gals, as well as the TV guys and gals, predicted that because of lack of rain or this or that and blah, blah, blah, the wildflowers would be woefully missing from our landscape. They, were wrong...thankfully. Mother Nature has given me, and all those in my Little Corner of Texas, a riotous explosion of wildflowers. I was more than ready to take a few closeups with the ol' Canon for later enjoyment and reflection.

Here are a few of my faves. And, yes, I can identify all of them...well most of them anyway.
















As pretty as these are up close, fields and large clusters are breathtaking.



Even more fun and interesting is when one is so tiny you really have to hunt to find it. 


Childhood memories came flooding back as I traipsed around taking these. When Older Sis was in high school, she did a science project that involved collecting and categorizing wildflowers. I well remember the family, or maybe just her and I, driving around Monterey County looking for various wildflowers. There were lupine (which looks a lot like the Texas Bluebonnet), wild mustard, and the one that sticks out in my mind the most, sticky monkey flower. I have no idea why it got that name but you can see why it would stick out in my mind,it is unique. 

I marveled then as I do now at the beauty that God provides for us. Though I said Mother Nature was responsible for these beauties, I know that it is God that blesses us with these tender mercies. And for this I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment