Pages

5.27.2013

Cultural Refinement

For many of our young people in my Little Corner of Texas going to Big D is a big deal. So when we take a church group to Dallas we try and make the outing something special. Along with the spiritual activity, they usually go some place to eat. Some haven't had the experience of eating at some place other than Chili's or McDonalds.

After a morning of attending the temple, Hank and I, along with other adults from our stake, accompanied the youth to a fancy-shmancy restaurant.

Their name up on the marquee, nice.


I didn't realize until Sunday, after I asked one of the boys at church what they thought of the restaurant, that some of these youngsters had no clue on where to begin when you have more than one fork in front of you. Note to self, etiquette lesson before next fancy-shmancy restaurant meal.


Three course meal, delish. Believe it or not, I didn't take pictures of the food. Shameful, I know.


But...I did take pics of the good stuff....dessert. Yum. This chocolate cake was at least eight inches high. Chocolate is not one of my favorite foods (don't judge) so I didn't taste this but those that did said it was rich and to die for.


This, on the other hand, had my name written all over it. Apple Crostada, oh. my. goodness. I could have eaten one of them all by myself (we served family style which meant sharing, darn!)



Pew Buddy's mom and dad also served as chaperons for out little fete, that meant that PB and her Sis got to join us. PB is quite the little meal companion, so observant and well mannered. But, that didn't stop her and Sis from sharing secrets.


Lovely day. I'm ready to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment