Pages

1.29.2013

Two For One, Deja Vu

Last Saturday was the day for our monthly Big D visit. Our monthly visits consist of attending the temple, lunch at Chipotle's or the Corner Bakery, La Madaline if we're feeling especially uppity, and then home again. Attending the temple was status quo, our meal was not.

Hank was in the hunt for some new dress shoes and since his feet are very special feet, read that extremely hard to fit, we needed to find the very special store that caters to men with very special feet. Our journey took us north to the Shops at Willow Bend. Oh, my. Daughter would have been in Nirvana. What am I saying, I was in Nirvana.

I knew I wasn't in the run-of-the-mill mall when I walked out into the mall and saw this.



Comfy leather chairs? Check. Glass enclosed elevator? Check. Marble flooring? Check. High end department store? Check.


Car on display? Check. But it wasn't a Chevy or a Ford, nope. It was this.


As I took a quick look around I had the feeling I'd been at this mall once before. Turns out I had but I don't remember it being like this. 

The very special store didn't have what Hank was looking for, boo. Fortunately they did recommend some styles that he can order from their online store. What next, food! As we're leaving the mall we decided to eat at Maggiano's Little Italy. It was close, we were hungry and it look familiar.



Like the mall I had a feeling we'd been there before. And like the mall, it turns out we had. I made this realization as we were pulling into the parking stall, it was all deja vu-ish. I laughed as we stopped because the spot where Ol' Red was parked was the very same spot we parked the last time we were here. It's a rather humorous tale of our last visit. 


About six years ago, we were invited to lunch by our friends Bart and Liz. As we were leaving their home in North Dallas, Bart said he'd just bought a Garmin GPS and wanted to try it out, even though he knew exactly how to get to Maggiano's. He and Liz had been fiddling with it for a couple of days but couldn't figure out if it was hooked up correctly because it wasn't showing anything on the screen other than the Interstate sign for 635. He toss the instruction book back to me and told me to read through it to make sure they'd pushed all the right buttons and programed it correctly. I did as instructed, went through the check list while Liz programed and reprogramed. I watch the screen for changes as Bart drove but nothing happened. I confirmed their suspicions, they had a dud on their hands. We arrived at the restaurant chatted in the car for a moment and I noticed that the GPS screen never went blank once Bart had turned the car off. Hmm, I thought, that should have gone blank, I quick at making these types of observations. I can't remember if I told Bart to hand me the GPS or if I had him do it, turns out that the Interstate 635 sign was a sticker that was protecting the GPS screen. Bart and Liz had been driving around with the sticker over the screen. Oh, how we laughed. We laughed so hard we couldn't get out of the car. 

I'd share pictures of the delicious food we had but the ambiance is rather cozy and dimly lit which makes for poor lighting when taking pictures with an iPhone. Using the flash is verboten in my book. 


If you go to Maggiano's I recommend the chopped salad as an appetizer, the lasagna (Hank's choice)or the Baked Rigatoni Pomodoro (my choice) are both fabulous main course choices and for dessert, the Apple Crostada with Carmel Sauce is to die for. And to top it all off, the waiter said we also had a choice of two additional pasta dishes to go. I'm not quite sure why we got this but we did indeed have two main course pastas ready to take home with us. A two for one, I'd say. 


We shall be having this for dinner this week. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Dang, talk about uppity... I think I'd rather go to Bass Pro Shops... they got a Whataburger right next door!!! hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete