Pages

8.07.2012

Kicking And Screaming

I have a birthday coming up. 

My age will be a speed limit. 

Double nickels, as Hank puts it.

I don't mind growing old. At least I don't think I do.

There is one thing though that really gets under my skin when it comes to my age. It's an organization that seems to delight in the fact that someone is growing older. I don't like this organization. It's made up of OLD PEOPLE.


AARP starts sending your membership number the month before you turn fifty. Really, AARP? The Big Five O makes one old enough to be a part of your organization? No, not this woman. I will not be cashing in on my membership for a long time to come. My parents are members of AARP, for Pete's sake!

One more thing to add wrinkles to the skin. Perusing a magazine recently, an attractive ad for an 'adult living community' was enticing all that were fifty five and older to come enjoy all their amenities. Oy vey. 

I don't believe I'm ready to fade quietly into the sunset years. No, I'm going kicking and screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment