Pages

7.31.2012

On Coming Home

After two weeks absence, I'm back in my Little Corner of Texas. I came home to find the heat that had so far eluded my little world has arrived with vengeance. Yay. I also discovered that despite my efforts to come home to a clean house, certain housekeeping chores forget that they too are suppose to be on vacation. 


Once the sun came up and flooded the house with light, I was able to see this




and this



Yuck. A question, how do dust bunnies manage to procreate when there is no one around to create dust for them to procreate with? 

I felt like Old Mother Hubbard when I opened the fridge last night to see this:


Obviously, a trip to the grocery store was in order today. When I walked out to the car this morning, I noticed that having sat idle for two weeks caused Ol' Red to accumulate a layer of dust so thick it was impossible to see out the windshield. Along with a trip to the grocery store, a trip to the carwash was in order too.


Oh the minutia of life. 

I'm semi-glad to be back in my own domain. My own bed felt good, not that the ones I slept in over the two week period were uncomfortable but you know how it is, your own bed always feels good. I can't say I miss the traffic noise, nor the barking dogs, nor having neighbors, nor the glare of street lights pouring into the bedroom. I've grown very accustomed to the isolation of my house nestled in the woods, the pitch dark of no street lights, the quiet of the night punctuated by the occasional howl of a coyote. I would, however, trade all of this to be awakened by the cooing of this little fella trying to lull himself back to sleep, to see the 'cheesy' grins he loves to give, and and to bask in the love his mom and dad have for him. 



Hank said I'd need to go to Rocket Man detox after this trip, he was right. 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good time on your trip, but I knew you would because you were going to see your precious grandson! He is a gorgeous little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one handsome grandson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn! I am a bit partial to him :)

      Delete