Pages

4.19.2012

Window Shots

When I fly, I must have the window seat. Aisle seats can get you in a mess of trouble with the drink cart or an errant flight attendant spilling drink all over you, as Hank will attest. Middle seats, well they are hell in the air, I hate them; especially if you have arm rest hogs sitting to either side of you, causing you to have near panic attacks from the claustrophobia you're experiencing. Window seats, well they are perfect aren't they. You're away from the hubbub of the aisle and you can be the armrest hog if you wish. Should you feel a bit claustrophobic, just look out the window and exhale.


I let my mind run wild while I stare out into the vastness of the land below me. I think about what it would feel like to be up at those heights. Would I feel wind? Is it noisy up here if you're not in the airplane? Can any life form breathe up there? Oh, and then there are the clouds, wouldn't it be awesome if you could walk on them?




Sometimes I wonder about what's going on below. Is that speck of a town like my speck of a town? How does one get on the road that leads to the top of that mountain? And, the one I seem to ask myself the most, just where the heck are we?




As you can tell, I like to take photos of the immensity that lies below. I take them for me, they're my little travel souvenirs. I'll use the Canon or the iPhone, depending on the perspective I want. All my aerial shots are safely tucked away on my Mac, waiting to someday serve a purpose. 


Someday has arrived.


Pioneer Woman is having a photo assignment that involves photos taken with a phone and then edited with one of the many photo Apps floating around in the enormousness that is mobile communication. I submitted one of those safely tucked away shots waiting to serve a purpose and.... SHE PICKED MINE!!!!! It's the fifth one down, in case you clicked over.


Taking all those window photos has paid off, sort of. I don't know that I'll win any of the prizes PW is giving away, I don't even know what they are, but I do feel honored just to have been selected...kinda like all those oft nominated but never winning actors at the Oscars. 

6 comments:

  1. It's kind of like you are friends with someone famous now. Maybe that makes YOU famous! Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, ya think? I guess it is kind of like six degrees of separation. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! What a beautiful picture. Oh how I love the texture of the West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JessicaP! The West does have lovely textures, I love seeing them from above.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing the world through your lens. Glad that PW recognizes the gift cherished by all of your readers! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous, you're sweet to say this to me. I'm glad to know that my photos convey who I am and what I love.

      Delete