Pages

4.16.2012

First Time

I did something this weekend that I'd only previously done for family, I played photographer at a wedding. 


Boy, was I nervous.


It's a big thing taking pictures of someone's wedding. It's not like you can say, 'oh, wait a minute, I don't have the camera ready', or, 'oops, missed that shot, can we have a do over'. Only if it's family can you say those things and get away with it.


Fortunately, I was not the only photographer on hand. There was another with more experience than I, such a relief. My job was to take candids. So glad I was not the one in charge of taking the 'official' portraits, I need a heck of a lot more practice before I'll feel comfortable doing that.


This lovely couple had as refreshments something I'd never encountered at a wedding. Pancakes and sausage. They were a hit.




Of course there was the traditional wedding cake, very delish. 


Of course the bride was beautiful


and the groom was handsome, as are all brides and grooms on their wedding day.


My hope is that they'll be pleased with the photographs I took, I'm not too worried though...there was the back up photographer or maybe I was the back up. No matter, I enjoyed my evening of picture taking. I can now add one more photographic notch to my belt.

1 comment:

  1. I loved their sweet country wedding. The decorations were adorable. I'm sure you did a fabulous job with the photographs.

    ReplyDelete