Pages

3.31.2012

Tis the Season

Guess what?


It's lawn mowing season...and I couldn't be happier. Yes, I know, I need help. 

My equipment:

Safety first when weed whacking.


In case you're curious, this is what life looks like when wearing these beauties.




The most frustrating aspect of lawn care, other than equipment that won't start (grrr), is winding the plastic twine around the black plastic bobbin, oy vey. You can't hurry through the process, it will fall apart if you do, a lesson in patience is what it is. 


Despite uncooperative equipment and unruly twine, I love mowing the lawn, it's therapeutic for me. Seriously, it is. Not many people will disturb you if you're pushing a mower or toting a weed whacker, which then leaves you alone with your thoughts.
The constant back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, serves as the perfect foil to thinking, imagining, planning, listening, drawing conclusions. Today I concluded that I need to do some serious weight training. That weed whacker got heavy fast and since it didn't gain weight over the winter months, I concluded that my lack of weight training is the culprit or, I'm just getting old. Ack!! Perish the thought! Grow old??? Never!

1 comment:

  1. We're kindred spirits. I love mowing the lawn as well... and growing old is simply not an option.

    Happy Lawn Mowing Season!! :)

    ReplyDelete