Pages

3.04.2012

Apps Apps Apps Apps

You know how it is with the hip and cool, you have no idea, clue, or inkling about the jargon used by them. You fein disinterest to mask your ignorance, all the while racking your brain trying to figure out what the heck the hip and cool are discussing, secretly longing to be among their ranks.


Such was my lot with the ranks of the h&c of the iPhone/iPod/iPad set. I'd hear about Angry Bird apps, this app, that app, here an app, there an app, everywhere an app, app. It was enough to make me want to wretch. All the while secretly longing to be among the h&c of the iP cubed set.


Then, I got my iPhone (insert angelic chorus here). I now understand the lingo. I now understand the need to search out new apps, though I still don't get the Angry Birds phenomenon...I've yet to download that one, seriously doubt I ever will. My apps of choice deal with photography, not that I have a plethora of them. I have exactly two, Instagram (which I L.O.V.E so easy to use) and my most recent download, Camera Awesome. It is just that, awe-some.


Camera works much like Instagram but rather than publishing to its own site, I guess that's what you'd call  it, it will publish directly to either, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, Photobucket, or Flickr. You can also set it up to where it will publish to three of these sites with one touch. I don't photo share on any of these sites so I can't speak to the ease or reliability of this feature. What I can speak to is the edits you can do, the quality of the photos you take and just how much fun it is to play around with it. Oh, it's FREE!


I don't know how it does it but somehow Camera makes the iPhone camera work more like an actual camera. Those of you with the brains for all things techie could probably explain it very easily and very well, I just know it's fun and awe-some.


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, right? Here are about three thousand, well, more like seven thousand.


Picture taken with Camera app before editing with Camera features



And same pic after editing


Before


After


Before


After


All 'before' shots were taken with the Camera app in place.

This is the first edit I did with Camera


I say this beats any angry blue bird, or red bird, or whatever kind of bird hands down. If you're an iPhone user give it a try, I think you'll like it. It won't cost you a penny.

No one paid me, nor coerced me, nor offered me bon bons to say any of these nice things. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment