Pages

2.22.2012

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

What is it about shiny that is so appealing? 


Shiny as in the sparkle of a diamond. The bling, bling of cubic zirconia. The twinkle of a star in the velvet darkness of a midnight sky. I love all of this. So, it's understandable that when I saw these I longed to have them.



Then I remembered these



But, oh, how I wanted to at least try them on. So I did.


I also saw these shiny stilettos. I believe Daughter has a pair.



Nothing's changed since the zebra pair of shoes. I still can no longer walk in stilettos. SIGH. Yes, all caps because is was a loud, heavy sigh.  Ah, well, no matter. 

I did however, find some other shoes with bling factor that were a bit more my height.


I didn't buy them though, not practical enough.  However....

These


and these



and these



are on my list of shoes I want, need and will most definitely consider buying. Maybe not at all at once.

Truth be told, I'll probably end up buying none. Wearing them to work would not be practical, eight hours on my feet dealing with adolescent angst is not conducive to fancy shoes. And, occasional wear-them-to-church-on-Sunday wearing doesn't justify the price. 

Why am I so pragmatic??? Arrrgh!!!

Maybe I need to throw caution to the wind, live on the edge and buy one of the above. Suggestions as to which are welcome. Seriously, throw in your two cents. Okay? Okay.









5 comments:

  1. I say go with the leopard print

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you waiting for? Buy them woman! You have no vices (that I know of) and you deserve to treat yourself to some pretty things. And they won't only be taken for a spin on Sundays only. They'll get taken for a spin on date night, school events, trips to Big-D and PDX, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you in those orange slingbacks. I thought you had leopard print shoes (a mule, maybe?) and the pretty red ones would show a lot of (toe) cleavage. :) OR, buy them all and if you don't like them, you have your next blog giveaway (size 7 1/2 thank-you-very-much)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohh... I have to say I love your taste. The red speaks to me... but so does the leopard print. :) I say get 'em!!! ...you'll find reasons to wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete