Pages

12.30.2011

I'm A Changed Woman

I recently told you that this Christmas gift from Hank was going to revolutionize my skills as a picture taker.


I won't call myself a photographer any more, not until I have the skill level to consider myself one. I've set the bar for myself and until I feel I can shoot close to the level of this guy and this lovely lady, I'll call myself a picture taker.

I've begun my transformation. First, a private lesson with Ashley Thalman.

Oh, what fun I had. I didn't want the ninety minute session to end. I've had a very rudimentary knowledge of photography for a long time, Ashley took me to another level by explaining to me one-on-one a few more very basic keys to becoming a good photographer. She is an awesome teacher. Her explanation and then application of 'f-stop', aperture, and ISO was what my visual learning style needed.

Here are a couple of the application shots of the above. (Ashley is also an extraordinary model).



You know what I did as soon as I got back to Daughter's house, don't you? 

Rocket Man, where arrrreee youuuuu.




I've a ways to go to mastering the art of photography but I'm so, so, excited for the journey. To perfect the craft, I will need lots and lots of practice. I will need lots and lots of guinea pigs, subjects. Any volunteers?

3 comments:

  1. I will, I will, I will ~ I've got my own little "Rocket Man" you could try out your skills with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always use my kids as guinea pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On your next adventure to UT. stop by and use us as your guinea pigs!!

    Shawna Ford

    ReplyDelete