Pages

11.07.2011

Lost In Space

Tap, tap. Hello. Is this thing on?


It's been a while, hasn't it?


I don't know what happened. I went to bed on Thursday and woke up on Monday. How does that happen?? Well, I didn't really sleep that long. 


Actually I didn't get much sleep in the past four days. I was busy.


Busy flying. Flying with the in-laws. To see Rocket Man and Larry.


This past weekend we all journeyed to be with Daughter and Son-in-law and the rest of SNL's clan for Rocket Man's blessing.


Blessing? What's that you say? Well, lemme 'splain.


A blessing is kind of like a christening. 


Like a christening, the baby is given his/her name as it will be known on the records of the church. Unlike a christening, the infant is not baptized at this time, that will take place when the child is eight. 


During the blessing, the baby's dad, who holds the Melchizedek priesthood, through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, blesses him, or her, much like Jacob of the Old Testament did to his children. 


I was in awe of Son-in-law. He gave his son a wonderful blessing. My love for SNL grew even more. 


To say the weekend was a whirlwind of activity is an understatement. So much to tell you, and I will.  


I will tell you about an awesome photographer, an extra day in Utah, and an adventure in lodging.


For now, it's about Rocket Man and his special day, surrounded by twenty five plus people that love him dearly. 




It's amazing how much power a ten pound baby can wield. 



1 comment:

  1. He is so precious...no wonder it's so hard for you to leave once you are up there!

    Will they be traveling to East TX for the Christmas holidays??

    ReplyDelete