Pages

11.03.2011

Chance Encounter?

Last night, after walking Dog, Hank told me he heard a woman's scream while he and Dog were wrapping up the little jaunt.


It wasn't me.


It wasn't the neighbor's wife.


They say that a cougar's cry, a real cougar not the current usage of the word, sounds much like a woman's scream. 


I've heard this tale before. I've wanted to believe it.


Had I gone on the nightly walk I might have actually had proof positive of its certainty.


Darn.


Although, I don't know what I'd do if I came face to face with the blue glow of an animal's eyes. They also say that a mountain lion's eyes radiate blue rather than red when light is shone on them.


What would I do? 


Run? No, they say that's not the thing to do.


Assume the fetal position? Hmmm. Nah. I'd probably freeze in my tracks.


Faint? No, I don't think I've ever fainted. And, that would not be a good thing as I might become the cat's dinner.


Perhaps it's best I not have a run in with the big cat. I wouldn't know how to act.


But, oh, how I'd love to see one in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment