Pages

11.22.2011

Bringing Order and Calm to My Life

I've been busy for the last five months.


First there was this, then this, and lastly the most important this. And not to forget there's the daily grind of work and life to throw in the mix. As a result my life has felt very chaotic and out of control. I don't like feeling this way, as you know, I have the need to feel in control of all things at all times...not a good way to be, I know.


Well, I've had a week off (thank goodness for the Thanksgiving holiday) and decided to do something about this out of control feeling of mine. I've been cleaning, purging, and organizing my house. It's my therapy. There's something about having order in my home that makes me feel more in control and at peace with my life. Weird, I know. 


Here's what I've accomplished.


Monday, the pantry. 


I was amazed at the amount of expired food I had...I'm a bad Mormon in this regard, I forget to rotate what I have. Wasteful, I know.


BEFORE

AFTER

Tuesday, the broom/storage closet. Ooooh the things I found that I'd forgotten were in there.

BEFORE

AFTER

Wednesday, my craft closet. It was bad, really, really bad. 

BFORE

AFTER

I didn't realize how bad things had gotten...but all is well now. 

I don't know why it is that when I have order around me I feel so much more at ease, it's almost as if I can breath again. Have you watched the show Hoarders? I did once, for about ten minutes. I couldn't watch much longer than that because all the clutter was freaking me out. Even though the psychology of why people hang on to things fascinates me, I couldn't handle looking at all the mess. Hmmm, what does that say about me? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels out of control when the house is under par. Eric gets upset at vacuuming at 9 pm, but sometimes I just HAVE to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Hoarders a couple of times but that show is so unsettling... The people on the show are so pitiful. Watching a grown man CRY over the workers throwing his junk away was too much for me.

    Owen

    ReplyDelete