Pages

7.25.2011

No College Degree Needed

I'm an anthropologist.


Didn't know that, did ya?


But not in the traditional sense.


A traditional anthropologist studies, scientifically, the origin, behavior, social and physical development of humans. 


I'm an anthropologist in the sense that I study the trends found at Anthropologie.


Daughter introduced me to this store, I don't remember how it all came about.  I just know that she and I have been shopping this place long before it was hip and cool to shop here.  


We are trendsetters, Daughter and I.


She shops for the clothes and shoes. She's petite, cute, and young; she can wear their clothes and look hip and cool.  Me? Well, let's just say that my size is not available at this lovely store. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd definitely wear their clothes if I could fit into them.  Some of them any way, the ones that were age appropriate.


I shop for the hip and cool things for mi casa.


Things like this chair




Don't you just love the vibrancy of it? I need to find a place for this chair!

There are all sorts of kitschy kitchen things.




Unique measuring cups and spoons, I need them all. 

Do I really need them, no. 

I love the originality of each one. Maybe I need to start collecting them.

cool measuring spoon, no?
yes, these are measuring cups
as are these

This last field study I found some cool things for my grandbaby. Tell me what you think.



Even though this is a children's book, I think Daughter would like to have this...she LOVES all things Audrey Hepburn.



I like getting an anthropology degree this way, no tests involved.

1 comment: