Pages

7.06.2011

La Familia

Most holidays Husband and I spend them with 'his' family.  It's tradition.


Sometimes, it's good to break with tradition.


This Fourth of July was spent with 'my' family. Husband and I were in the cool Northwest, although, the Oregonians didn't find eighty degrees to be cool. Mi Familia found it to be 'hot'.  Well, as those of you that live in My Little Corner of Texas, eighty degrees might require that we break out the heavy coat.


We all basked in the warmth of the sun and relaxed in the cool shade of Baby Sis's home. We ate, mmmm, it was good, Baby Sis is a great cook...and wonderful hostess I might add, played games and enjoyed each other's company. The only thing that would've made it better was to have had ALL la familia together.


So what did we eat? 


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, read away.




The was a melding of cultures with some guacamole, salsa de tomatillo and agua de tamarindo. Oh, how I love it when the American culture and Mexican culture come together when it come to food.



Many of you have probably had guacamole and tomatillo salsa, agua de tamarindo, not so much. If you'd like to try it, let me know and I'll fix ya some, oh it's so refreshing on a hot day, well I know it wasn't hot here but you get my drift.

Games? Washers.  It's like playing Horseshoe but instead of a horseshoe and a pole, you use big washers, a small bucket and a box. 



Here's my papá. He's looking a little haggard nowadays, dialysis will do that to you.  But, he's still very spry for an eighty two year old.


I hope I have the same joie de vivre my parents have when I reach their age. They are my heros.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're having a good time! Monday at George's was HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete