Pages

6.07.2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity, Jig

As promised, I'm giving you my two cents on the conference I attended.  Was it the best thing since sliced bread?  No.  Did I walk away feeling like I wasted my time?  No.  Was it worth the three days of driving in Big D traffic?  Hmm, it's debatable.  I did get some ideas/methods that I will try out on the kiddos come August, they're going to flip.


This guy, the conference presenter,




knows, this guy.



Who is this guy?  Randy Brooks.  

Who's Randy Brooks?  Ever heard the song Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer?  Well, he's the guy that wrote it.

What did he have to do with the methodology of learning a foreign language?  I have no clue.  

Somehow he and his wife know the conference presenter, they came to see him on Tuesday and next thing I know song man is back on Wednesday to serenade us durning our lunch break.  He's quite funny.  He sang a song he wrote about Sarah Palin, funny stuff, and a song that he wrote for his wife on their twenty second wedding anniversary, also very funny.  And, yes, he did sing his signature song, though he's not the one that you here singing the song every Christmas, not sure who that is.  He actually got record/writer of the year for GGROBAR.  

Well there you have it, my report on my three day conference.  I am glad to be rid of Big D traffic.  I've grown very accustomed to the slower pace of my Little Corner of East Texas.  I breathed a sigh of relief once I was on the open road that led home.   

Ahhhh, there's no place like home.


2 comments:

  1. I will serenade you the your reindeer song anytime you want...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're on blogher! YAY!

    Also, I thought that guy wrote that song in like the 1920s. I thought for sure he was deceased. Oops.

    ReplyDelete