Pages

6.17.2011

Evolution

Life, as I see it, is a series of evolutions, I'm not talking Darwin here.  Here's what I mean.  


When you were a child, there were probably things you absolutely refused to eat, say broccoli for example.  Then for whatever reason you tried it at some later point in your life and, lo and behold, you liked it.  Or maybe, you weren't a person that liked to exercise but now you do. You've evolved.


One of my life evolutions has to do with music.  


When I was a child the music I heard at my home was classical, big band and traditional Mexican folk songs sung by mariachi bands.  I liked them, till I became a teen.  As a teen I continued to listen to the aforementioned and added Top Forty music.  In college, I added jazz to the repertoire.  There was, however, one genre that I swore I would NEVER listen to.  Country.  


I loathed it. I made fun of it. I couldn't change the radio station fast enough. Then I moved to Texas where every other station is a country music station.  The kicker though was when Daughter dated a guy, this guy, that was an avid country fan.  Since he listened to it, Daughter listened to it, and by default I began to listen to it.  It grew on me.  Now I have not one, not two, but three pre-sets on my car radio that are country music stations. 


If you're like I me and are a fan of country music, I'd like for you to watch this video.  If you're like I was and don't like country music, you still may want to watch it because at the end of this post you're in for a treat.





This guy is family, albeit a long way down the line but still family. Unlike my family, Husband's extended, way down the line extended, family is close, which can be good and bad. We gather for birthdays, holidays, get-together-because-we-can days and sometimes, some get into each other's business, if you get my drift...it keeps life interesting when they do!


Adam's entire family is musically talented. Every Christmas Adam and his family would go to various homes and sing Christmas songs, harmonizing while his dad played his guitar.  It was so wonderful, I always looked forward to their Christmas visits, it made the holiday seem complete.


Adam's talent has always shined.  At the ripe old age of fourteen, or was it, fifteen, or was it, aah no matter, he was young, he could sound like ol' Blue Eyes. He's always had a goal to become a recording artist.  Hopefully, he's close to reaching his goal.


To celebrate Adam's video, I'm going to have a giveaway.  Adam doesn't know I'm doing this, it's my small way of helping him along. Though I don't have the followers of PW, if I tell you and then you tell a couple more, and then they tell a couple of more, pretty soon Adam will have his video all over the place.  Here's what I'm giving away: an 8GB iPod Nano with multi-touch, go here for all the mumbo-jumbo on the specs of the 8GB iPod Nano and a ten dollar iTunes gift card.


Wanna enter?


YES! you say.  Okay, click on the giveaway tab for all the particulars.


Good luck!

42 comments:

  1. I follow you!! And the baby shower was great by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've evolved in all the ways you mentioned in your post I suppose: food, exercise, and music. When I was younger I didn't want anything to do with crocheting since my mom did it and I thought it was so un-cool. Now I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've evolved when it comes to sewing. I remember telling my mom, shortly after I got married, that I didn't want a sewing machine. It wasn't until my first child was born that I decided I needed one, and now that I have two kids, I sew a lot. It's therapeutic and I really enjoy the time I get to spend sitting at my machine. I will love it even more in 2 weeks when I have my very own sewing room to sew in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I evolved? Wow, such a deep question! I think my biggest evolution has been becoming a mother, the emotions and pride that brings and having someone to depend on me 24/7. No longer is it all about me. In fact, me who? :) but I wouldn't change it for the world!
    Loved Adams song by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted this video on my facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evolution... How have I evolved? I would say this one is more recent.... losing my big brother has helped me to stop liviing in my happy bubble.. thinking we will all be here always. Although I KNOW we won't.. I have never fathomed losing someone. In the past year and a half.. I have lost my brother and become a mom. I now take each day and go with it. I love to the fullest and enjoy my life!

    (For the record, if I win.. give me a minute to claim it.. as this is closing out during the time frame that I am moving back to the USofA) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like beans... a lot.

    I also don't care about recognition like I did when I was younger. It is so arbitrary and usually either undeserved or not deserved anymore than anyone else deserves it. What I think about me and my abilities matters much more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the biggest change in me is that I'm not the people please I once was. It's taken a long time but at this point in my life, I don't have time for people who don't love me. It's such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evolved...huummm--that's one of those deep questions, V! :-) I guess one thing that immediately comes to mind is my "evolution" journey has entailed me finally becoming comfortable in my own skin. Not feeling so shy as I once was and no longer afraid to speak my mind to others (I don't know if that is a good thing, though!). I am also very grateful that I was able to work hard and get a great education -- wonderful experience. And lastly, yet most important to my growth--becoming a mother has changed me the most. I am a different person--more at peace--I feel that I have found my purpose in this life I guess you could say. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've evolved into my mother. Since having kids I've become very domesticated. I sew. I make homemade play-dough and jam. When I was younger I didn't want to have anything to do with domesticification (pretty sure I made that word up just now). Now I love it. It makes me feel creative and self sufficient.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I follow! Love your blog :)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've evolved from treating myself extremely negatively and from self-destructive behaviors to taking a more forgiving and positive attitude towards myself. It's still hard work, but I'm evolving every day!
    e.estt[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Followed =)

    starhoney111@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope I'm not too late!! I'm so bad with different areas times compared to my own.

    How have I evolved though? definitely through clothes. I used to wear whatever...not really caring. Then I got older and wore more darker clothes or band shirts. Now these days I miss comfy and cute.

    -Lauren
    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i follow you via gfc

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have evolved from a once shy two year old to an outgoing and confident woman :)
    My tastes have also evolved to include a much more varied love of different kinds of foods and tastes...makes for so much more to enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have evolved with putting on makeup. Not to say that I have wonderful skills now, but I can afford nicer products and have a better idea of what colors look best on me. It's a good change.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    --Liza

    ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have evolved by trying new foods for me & my family.
    Lauren
    laurensgoodies(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Following now :)
    Lauren
    laurensgoodies(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have evolved by being more aware of other people's needs and beliefs. Previously ive been in my own bubble, but moving away from my comfort zone has really made me evolve
    mermont84 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. im following
    mermont84 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I posted the video on fb https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=200834383295490&id=100001622773262
    mermont84 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have evolved in so many ways. i appreciate things more as I get older and try to be more tolerant. My taste in clothing has gotten a bit more simple and I think I'm finding myself more all the time

    ReplyDelete
  25. My taste in clothing has evolved so much over the years. In the last few months even. I know wear a lot of layers and neutrals.

    katietamblingson at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. My taste about music has evolved a lot over the years!
    leela5891@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I evolved into my job. Once didn't know what to do, now have a great one that I enjoy. It's nice how life works sometimes.
    Andrew
    assist08@yahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow
    Andrew
    assist08@yahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  31. My clothing style has definitely changed over the years. I used to follow what other people wore, but I definitely have found my own sense of style now :)

    jo.tee35 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have evolved thru my fashion! used to wear sweats eveeryday...NOW I WEAR DRESSES!
    thanks so mcuh
    rory
    rfgoaliegirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. now part of the "posse" (im rfd)
    thanks!
    Rory
    rfgoaliegirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am a new follower! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  35. My evolution has involved becoming more patient as I age. Things that used to bother me when I was a young mom, don't anymore. I think "really - what's the big deal in the whole scheme of life?" Is it really worth getting all uptight about?

    ReplyDelete