Pages

5.06.2011

A Tribute

I'd like to tell you about someone that is very special to me.

It's this beautiful lady.


Though taken several years ago, she's still a beautiful woman. Her long dark hair, now short and silvery white.  A few wrinkles around the eyes but they don't detract from the gentleness they've always conveyed.  I don't think I've ever heard her sweet lips utter a negative word about anyone.

Meet my mom.  

At the age of twenty seven, she left all she knew, all her family, all her friends, all the safety her homeland provided, to move with her three small children to the United States.  She didn't speak a word of English.  The only person she knew in the U. S. was my dad.  

I often ask myself, how did she do it?

Mom was a brave, strong, woman; she still is.  Her choice to follow my dad in his dream of a better life certainly blessed my life.

Thanks Mom, I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for you.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful woman {inside and out}. I see where you get it!

    Happy Mama's Day to you and your dear Mother...

    lv,
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She truly is beautiful. You look very much like her. Happy Mother's Day to you and your sweet Mom.
    Kathy Cochran

    ReplyDelete