Pages

5.10.2011

A Little Help, Please

I'm going to need a new cell phone before too long.  Although, need is not really the correct term.  Who really needs their cell phone?  


If you're self-employed and use a cell phone to conduct your business, then yes, you need a cell phone.  The rest of us, not so much.  At least that's how I see it.


But I digress.


I've had my cell phone, hmmm, going on four years.  I think. Suffice it to say that it's old by technology standards.  


Compared to the new stuff that's out, I have an antique.




Don't judge, it still works, not as well as it once did but I can still make calls and send texts, which is pretty much all I do with my phone.

Husband got a new phone.  With all the bells and whistles.                                                

Do I have phone envy?  Nooope.

I used his this weekend and it was all too overwhelming for me.  

I just need a phone that I can make calls and send and receive texts.  I'm not all into checking e-mail, updating Facebook or playing games on my phone. But methinks that most phones nowadays are all about being on the 3G or 4G network, whatever that means.

I'm also in a quandary  about service providers.

I've been with ATT for, well, ever since my first cell phone nine years ago.  Here's the deal.  Living out here, on the outskirts of a speck of a town, reception is dicey sometimes.  If I'm in town or a city, I have no problem with picking up a signal...head out on the backroads I live on, that's a different story.  

I hear Verizon is everywhere.  

So, if you were me, what would you do?  What type of phone do you have?  Who do you use for your phone service?

I'd 'preciate your help.

Thank you kindly.

6 comments:

  1. I have verizon and rearly have a problem with connections. I say go for iPhone...you're a smart woman and can figure it out! Verizon has smart phone classes. Show everyone you're not old :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My phone is even more of a basic antique than yours, so sorry, no help here. I have tracfone, so it's no bells, no whistles, not even slight ding a ling. It does call people and text the old fashion-press-the-numbers-to-get-the-right-letters-takes-30-minutes-to-type-two-words-never-text-unless-absolutely-necessary way. But it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim and I just got the Intensity II by Samsung for Xmas. It's basic but it does have a slide out keyboard for texting. We all have Verizon. It's kinda choppy in my house and there are several holes on 300 but overall Verizon seems ok. They're pretty good about customer service too. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I don't suppose there is the 'perfect' carrier, that might be expecting a tad too much! :)

    Mauna, I like your thinking! I do need to let others know that I'm not old! Perhaps an iPhone would be the best way to score cool points with the kiddos at work, hmmm.

    If I go with the iPhone I'll wait till September as I hear that's when the iPhone 4 comes out. But, as is with all technology, as soon as you get the newest, best, and coolest, it's old school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Verizon. We haven't had too much trouble with our service. There's one spot on 300 near 726 that ALWAYS gets dropped, but by the time you realize your call has been dropped you have perfect service again. Their customer service is superb. We've used Verizon for about 10 years now.

    I can't give you any advise on phones though. I have a blackberry and I like it well enough. I only use it for some internet, texts, and instant messaging. I'm not much of a techie. I'm sure my phone does a lot of really cool things that I'm completely unaware of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, the iPhone 4 has been available for a while. Are you talking about 4G because you don't need that nor do I think you'd have the reception for it. 4G and 3G are like wifi (sorta) you only function on what is around you. Most major cities are at 4G where you live, I highly doubt 4G is an option. I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete