Pages

4.28.2011

Stupid and Broke

I recently ran into an acquaintance at the grocery store.  Her son and Daughter have known each other since they were in preschool.  Not so unusual in our speck of a town.  Acquaintance's son and his wife recently had a baby, a boy.  Any idea what we discussed?


She told me, as many have, about how wonderful it is to be a grandparent.  Except she put it a little differently.  Her words were 'I never imagined how stupid you can become over another person.  I act so stupid when I'm around our grandbaby.'  Her husband was with her and he chimed in 'stupid and broke', said in jest, of course.


I've begun working on the 'broke' aspect of becoming a grandparent.  


Inside this box is the first of many I'm-buying-this-because-I'm-a-grandparent purchases.



Larry doesn't know anything about it.  It was custom made for my future grandson.  There is not another just like it in the entire state of Texas.  Or the world.  Or the universe.

Wanna peek?  Yes?  Okay. 


Care to see the rest of him?  I call it a him because it's going to a him.


Isn't he adorable!?  Okay, here's another angle.


Alright, since you asked, here's a close-up of his cute little face.


Where did I find this cutie? 

Well, one of my follower's has a blog of her own where she posts her adorable creations.  I told Miss Martha what I was looking for and this is what she created just for moi.  

Her blog?  Yes, of course I'll share.  Shabby Threads go take a peek, you'll love what you see.  Be sure a check out some of her older posts to see this little fella's kin.

Thank you Miss Martha for sharing your talent with me.

There's a giveaway going on right now...click the tab for scoop.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! He's so cute! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has got to be the cutest giraffe I have ever seen. I'm jealous. Grandson will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!!! I know my g-nephew to be will name him something on his own, but this little fellow looks like an Owen or Howard to me. Great fabric pic Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEK!! There he is! Thank you so much for posting this. I am honored and blessed that you love him enough to blog about him.

    This post epitomizes why I love sewing for others so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete