Pages

4.11.2011

M.I.A

I missed church yesterday.  I was feeling lousy.  I don't miss church when I feel lousy, I go because I always feel uber un-lousy after I do.  Yesterday I was feeling more than lousy, I was feeling crappy. My throat hurt, my ear hurt, my nose was runny, I was sneezing, I ached. So, I took a Benadryl.  


Benadryl and I don't get along.  It always wins by making me sleepy, light headed, and unable to function.  It's not that it makes me feel better, it just makes the sneezing and runny nose stop but puts me to sleep.


I hate missing church.  It's like forgetting to put sugar in the lemonade, the most important ingredient of my week is missing, the ingredient that makes my week complete, the ingredient that makes my week sweeter.  Now all week I'll feel as if the cogs aren't meshing as they should.  Bummer.


My Pew Buddy and her mom came by to see me in the afternoon.  They brought me this.




I felt loved.  Thanks, Miss Grace, Claire, and Amy.

So, what did I do on my churchless Sunday?  Read scriptures, slept, and wrote letters and thank you cards the old fashion way--with pen and paper.  It's been a while since I used pen and paper to express my thoughts.  Writing on the computer is so much easier, especially when you misspell, just clean it up with the delete button.  No scratch throughs, no messy writing.  Oh, and don't forget spell check, hasn't that made your life easier?


I also caught the tail end of what I would have to say is my all time favorite movie, You've Got Mail, well, other than To Kill A Mocking Bird.  I began watching it where Kathleen is waiting for her mystery man to come, only to be taunted by Joe Fox


How I love to watch You've Got Mail.  I can truly watch this movie over and over and not tire of it.  And I don't know why.  Could it be the chemistry between Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?  Or is it that in the elevator scene Joe realizes how wrong his girlfriend is for him? Maybe it's the lengths Joe goes to woo Kathleen once he realizes that he has found the one person that will bring joy to his heart?  I don't know, I get great enjoyment out of this movie.  This is the only movie that I can actually quote some of the lines, I've watched it that often.


As I watched the movie I smiled at how far electronic communication has come in twelve years.  Remember dial-up networks?  And how slow they were?!  I wonder, could Kathleen and Joe have developed their love affair using only one hundred and twenty two characters at a time, or however many Twitter allows?  


Alrighty, I hope this week isn't a wash because I missed church.  I could use the spiritual reenforcement today, I go for my yearly squishing and probing this afternoon.  Oh,joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment