Pages

3.06.2011

New Trick

I was late to an event yesterday.  The world as I know it did not come to an end, the earth didn't open and swallow me.


Big deal, you say.  Lemme 'splain.


You know the person that thinks on time is late; the person that's to every event half an hour before it begins; the person who's married to a man that must be to a sporting event two hours ahead of the tip-off, two hours before the first pitch, two hours before the flip of the coin?


I'm that person.  Annoying aren't we.


Yet there I was yesterday late to an event.  Oh, and not just a minute or two late.  No, no.  Being the overachiever that I am, I was good and late. Fifteen minutes late.  I even dallied in the parking lot waiting on a friend.  Never having been late to an event before, I figured there was safety in numbers.


So what made me late you wonder?  I was thinking about that today, as I was in the throes of being late to church.  I couldn't remember what made me late, until I was rinsing the conditioner out of my hair.  I was late to my event because I thought it necessary to clean the shower while I showered.


Why did I feel a need to clean the shower right before an event?  Well, lemme 'splain.


Saturdays are my day to clean the house.  It's standard operating procedure around here.  If it's Saturday, V will be cleaning the house. I'll get up early, as in 6:00 a.m., if I have an event to go to, or shopping to do or whatever else is happening on that Saturday, and start cleaning so I can be done by 10:00.  Yesterday was no exception, expect that I didn't get up until 6:30 and my event began at 10:00 a.m., my universe was off its axis.  Oh, the chaos.


I have to have the house clean before I leave to go anywhere on Saturdays. I can't stand to come home and realize that I still have things to clean. I know, I'm in need of some serious help.


Did you notice that I said I was in the throes of being late to church today?  Yep, I was late to church, I wasn't there my usual fifteen minutes early, only ten.  Yes, it's true, I've learned a new trick: how to be late.  


If I were a dog, I'd be in the midst of dispelling a myth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment