Pages

3.17.2011

Concern

Like so many, I too have been saddened by the earthquake in Japan.  I can't even begin to fathom the level of anxiety, desperation and hopelessness the Japanese people must be going through.  I don't know that anyone can, other than those who have also been through catastrophic events.


One of my followers, a former high school student, lives in Japan, C's husband is in the Navy and they have been in Japan for a while.  Her well being has been heavy on my mind.   I'd sure like to know how she and her little family are doing.  C, if you're able to respond, please leave me a comment and let me know how you are doing.  


Husband and I will make a donation through LDS Humanitarian Aid, which is, I'm sure, the best way to help at this time.  And prayer.  Lots and lots of prayer.  Prayers of comfort and peace.



3 comments:

  1. C has been on facebook. She's doing fine and has been helping tend kids and such for people to volunteer with clean up and other help. She posted some great things about the Japanese people on there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Austin, Yes- Cindy is correct.. I have been on FB. We went 3 days with no power, phone, internet, hot water, etc. Praise God we are back.. but you can't help but feel guilty for the amazing people that I live around who have lost everything. We have been truly blessed on this base. The Japanese people are the sweetest people ever. They are the reason I have loved living here so much- I have learned so much from them. The DOD has offered Voluntary Departures back home for any military dependent that wants to go. So right now, our base is working on getting those people out of here. Noah and I will remain in Japan. I do not see any immediate danger where I am, I know God will provide, AND my husband is due back from a six month deployment in 3-4 weeks. No way am I letting that man get off the plane without his wife and son waiting on him! Thank you for your concern and for your donations to help the Japanese! This country will come out stronger just because they are those kind of people. Please continue to pray for them!
    Cassey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassey,
    Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I'm relieved to know that you're doing well. My heart breaks for the difficulties that now face the people of Japan.

    I know, as you do, that the Lord will bless these sweet people, it's a matter of having faith and trust in Him. Our limited human understanding makes it hard to understand His eternal plan for us.

    I will continue to pray for you and your little family's safety and well being.

    ReplyDelete