Pages

2.14.2011

Valentine's Day

So today is a holiday.  


Really?


I maintain that though St. Valentine may have been an actual person, the commercialization of Valentine's Day is a Hallmark, FTD, Zales and Russell Stover conspiracy.   


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  


In the twenty eight, almost twenty nine years that Husband and I have been married, we have never, ever exchanged gifts on Valentine's Day.  Note I didn't say we've never exchanged gifts.  Husband gives me gifts all the time, much more often than I give to him.  He spoils me.  A lot.  


With this said, I don't mean to say that I don't accept Valentine Day's gifts from others.  I do.  Especially when they are unexpected.


Today, I was given these.


I appreciate each one of them soo, very much.  I really love the one that my Little Pew Buddy made, well we know it was her mommy that made them but LPB posed for the pictures.  Aren't she and her baby sis  adorable.  These two cuties are preparing me quite for my grandmotherly duties in the very near future.  

1 comment: