Pages

2.16.2011

Lifesaver

I've had a craving lately. 


A craving for something that is tangy and fruity.  Full of sugar, corn syrup, and the diabolical high fructose corn syrup.


A craving for these:




Why have I been craving these?  I have no idea.  Maybe Daughter has been craving these and I'm vicariously living out the craving too.  I dunno. 


I've searched for Lifesavers at the checkout of my local grocery store, as well as the checkout of the Evil Empire, for the past week or so.  There were none to be found. 


Tuesday, however, my co-worker Mrs. E. brought some to me.  They were in thanks for being her 'lifesaver' on Monday.  What did I do that saved her life?  Well....


Mrs. E., though younger than I, suffers from the ailment so many of us of advancing years suffer...myopic sight.  She 'misplaced' her glasses somewhere in the vastness that is HHS.  She sent me an urgent messages crying for help, could she please borrow a pair of mine; she knows that I keep several lying around because I too 'misplace' mine on a regular basis.  I was happy to oblige.


Tuesday, at the end of the day, she waltzed into my room with these flavor packed dynamos.  How she knew of my craving I have no idea, I'd told nary a soul of my need for high fructose corn syrup goodness (oxymoron, no?).  I'm so glad she found them, I'm relishing my favorite flavor as I write, raspberry.


What's your favorite Lifesaver flavor?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I was just talking to Husband about these last weekend and how much I miss the rolls of Tangerine Lifesavers! Oh how I loved that flavor, but they don't make them anymore. I even checked their website and they're nowhere to be found. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ny parents used to get us each a roll for stake conference to keep us entertained and quiet. I always got butter rum... I don't know if it's still my favorite flavor, but it's what I always think of when I see lifesavers.

    ReplyDelete