Pages

2.21.2011

At Last

For years, twenty six to be exact, I've been hoping for a bakery to open in my spot-on-the-map of a town.

What this town needs is a bakery!  That's what I'd say.

If this town had I bakery I'd go there every day.  Yep, I'd also say that.

Well, I no longer have to wish, dream, hope, long for, anticipate, desire, nor pine for a bakery.

My Little Corner of East Texas has a bakery!

IMG_2602

What does Al's Tasty Treats Bakery and Cafe serve?

Good stuff.  

Stuff like this:

IMG_2592

And this:

IMG_2596

Oh, and then there's this:

IMG_2595

Al's also serves some bang up breakfast burritos.

What's that you ask, what's in the burritos?  Mmm, yumminess.  

Yumminess like, eggs and potato, eggs and chorizo, and there's one more I can't recall.  Each burrito is made using homemade flour tortillas and is served with an outstanding hot sauce, which I'm sure Al makes himself. 

I'd go every day, like I'd said I would, except, well, you see, there's this guy whom I affectionately, fearfully, call Killer who wants an accounting of what I eat.  I can't lie to the man so it'd be best if I met up with Al only occasionally, that way I only have to do a bajillion squats instead of kajillion.  Yes, a bajillion is less than a kajillion.

You must go visit Al and his lovely wife.  He is the baker man and she is the hostess with the mostess.  You won't be disappointed, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. They also have chocolate mexicano...good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited - I've often thought the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. baked goods are my weakness...

    I almost wish I hadn't read your blog this morning! lol Now I have to go visit!

    ReplyDelete