Pages

2.15.2011

2011 Firsts

Last week at this time I was making preparations for a snow storm, four to six inches were predicted...of which we got zilch, thankfully.  The previous week we'd gotten two.  It was very, very, very cold for My Little Corner of East Texas, however.  Seventeen degrees.  Brrrrrr!


Today, one week to the day, I spied this:



The other daffodils have emerged from their subterranean abode but this is the first one to actually show its lovely face.

Seeing it's lovely face gave me a hankering for this:


First grilling of 2011, not bad for mid-February, right?

What was the temperature today you ask?  70.

Crazy Texas weather!

3 comments:

  1. Glad that little beauty is showing itself. I have been looking in vain for flowering quince and forsythia! Don't forget Mrs. Lee's this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our daffodils are out today as well...I noticed them when I got home from work! WONDERFUL weather and heard it will continue through the week in our neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaat? Don't get me wrong, I think it's lovely, but a might soon in the year don't you think? Glad you got to fire up the grill...I'm hoping to get a new (bigger) one this spring.

    ReplyDelete