Pages

1.28.2011

Deep, Deep Thoughts

They, who ever they are, say that if you don't know what to talk about, talk about the weather and that'll break the ice.


Let's break some ice, figuratively speaking.


Today, January 28, the temperature was 73 at 4:00 p.m.  My Little Corner of East Texas was quite pleasant.  I enjoyed walking with Dog, no heavy Columbia coat, thick gloves, ear covers or knitted scarf needed today.


As I walked with Dog this afternoon, enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun, I got to thinking, dangerous I know, about stuff only I would think of.  As I've told you before, my mind works in weird, freakish ways. 


What did my freakish mind think?


When there's an odd ball weather day like today, what do hibernating animals do?  


Take snakes for instance; do they pop out of what ever gopher hole they've taken up residence in and bask in the warmth of the sun like a dog does?


What about birds?  Does the roller coaster of temperatures we've experienced, 20 degrees a week ago, 73 today and back to the twenties in four or five days, cause them to freak-out?  


And, fire ants, what about the fire ants?  You'll never see a mound of fire ants in the winter.  Yet, if it were to rain and be warm for a couple of days, would they come out and create their booby trapped mounds?


Then, there are the crickets.  Where do they go when it gets down to the twenties that they are able to come out and chirp their melodic melodies the instant it warms up?


I'd really like to know the answers to these thought provoking questions.


I'll rest better tonight if I do.

1 comment:

  1. Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? ;)

    ReplyDelete