Pages

1.24.2011

B-B-B-Bennie

Today, while I was eating lunch and blogstalking,
I was listening to Pandora.
Do you Pandora? 
If you don't, your really should;
it's a fabulous way to listen to music.

As soon as this came on came on I had a flashback to last year
when one of my tenth grade students
asked me if I'd ever heard of Elton John.
Why, yes, was my reply.
He then asked if I'd ever heard Elton sing
B-B-B-Bennie and the Jetsssss.
It's the coolest song ever, he said.

Two years ago, another student asked if I'd ever
heard of the Beatles.  She thought they were the
coolest ever.

I find it interesting that  some of my students are listening to the same music
I listened to while I was in high school. 
They like it. 
They like it a lot.

With the homogenized sound of today's music,
I can't say I blame them. 

1 comment:

  1. I love, love love Pandora. It's way better than the satellite stations. I've built far too many of my own radio stations on Pandora...it's great that we can run it through our Blue-ray player, too.

    ReplyDelete