Pages

12.14.2010

Ruby

One of the perks, if you want to call it that, of being a teacher at a high school is the fundraisers.  Whether you want to or not, you participate.  Every organization has something to sell.  I try to say no but every time the 'n' begins to form on my lips my mind quickly downloads memories of being rejected when I was a Brownie selling Girl Scout cookies.  

I have 'easy sell' written all over my face. 

One of my purchases this year, as in years past, was from the FFA.  

They sell food.  

I'm a sucker for food.

But this is healthy food.  No, really, it is.  

Want proof?

I have proof.



  
I adore Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit. 

Sweet.  Tart.  Juicy.

I can eat these and not worry about  Mr. Cool, a.k.a. Trainer Man, frowning on my treat.

10 comments:

  1. oh huh...he probably would...might go peel one soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you peel your grapefruit? Those looks funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have almost finished my box.I wish I had gotten 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I peel away all of the skin. Then I split the grapefruit in half. After that I peel the thin skin off of each section. No pith, no bitterness that way. Yeah, it's tedious but I won't eat it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing fundraiser. I really miss Texas citrus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will there be any left for me?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy.....we got apples and oranges. Yours looks better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we had some of those around here...course they would freeze on their way. It's -6F today.
    Enjoy one for me!
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my cheeks puckered and then I salivated when I saw the picture of the pealed sections. I love Ruby Reds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Veronica,
    Thank you for the sweet words on my blog! I'm glad you were able to see it. Marc was flattered by your words. I'm happy for him. He is a good man. What a fun blog you have. I'll have to look at it more often now that I know about it :) And how lucky that you and your daughter were able to do the Justin Hackworth project. I've really wanted to do it in the past. Just don't live close enough. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    -Isaura

    ReplyDelete