Pages

12.15.2010

Let's Say Thanks

I had an e-mail in my in-box at work that I hadn't read.  It was from el Jefe, it came on Monday.  I finally opened it today.  I figured if I want to keep my job it would be prudent to read it. 

The e-mail was actually a forward, forward.  I don't like forward, forward's.  They are usually chain letters or something that I'm not all interested in.  This one was different.  This one piqued my interest.  This one brought a tear to my eye.

I've told you that Brother is a retired Marine.  Because of this, I have a very tender heart when it comes to those serving in the armed forces.  I want all of them to come home and be with their families, especially at this time of the year.  I know, though, that it just can't be that way.  They have a job to do, one that the majority of us don't want to do but yet want the freedom, blessings and peace that comes from them doing their job.

The e-mail was one encouraging all to participate in the Let's Say Thanks project.  If you're not familiar with the project, I wasn't, I encourage you to click on the button on the sidebar under 'interests'.  Participate if you're inclined to do so, I did. 

Whether you support the current military campains or not, the troops deserve mail from home.  We all like to know that we are appreciated for the jobs we do.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Big Sis for letting us know about this project. I just sent my thank you and plan on sending at least 1/day 'til Christmas.

    ReplyDelete