Pages

12.01.2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Last night Husband and I had our first official cup of hot chocolate for the Christmas season.  It got cold, cold for these Texans at least.

This morning K2 and I walked/ran for two miles at 5:00 a.m. in thirty two degree weather.  I. Loved. It.  K2 is the office manager at Husband's work.  She's very entertaining, it makes the two mile walk/run fly by.  

Exercising in the cold beats exercising in hot and humid hands down.  Breathing air is so much easier than drinking it.  Although, if I lived in Minnesota or South Dakota or Montana or any place north of the Mason-Dixon line thirty two degrees would feel quite balmy right now I'm sure.

It never fails, does it, that when the weather changes something goes wrong with the air conditioner or the heater.  I got to work this thirty two degree morning and discovered that the heater in my room was not working.  I can handle the heater not working, just not the air conditioner.  You can always add a sweater but there's only so much you can take off.

2 comments:

  1. But when the air conditioner breaks, that means that you can go swimming. There are only so many outdoor activities you can do in 32 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I had your determination. I wish I could get outside and run---it's tooo cold!!!

    ReplyDelete