Pages

11.25.2010

Take A Moment

Recently, during my scripture study and meditation time, I read this.  Since then I have been pondering about what I have to be grateful.  On this day of thanksgiving, I'd like to share with you some of the things I've known but have refreshed in my mind.

I'm grateful for..

...you, the readers of this blog.  The fact that you read what I write brings joy to me.  It also humbles me to know that someone is interested in my ramblings.  Thank you.

...the leaves Husband and I spent the better part of this morning raking, rather blowing.  Were it not for these leaves, which are once again falling like rain, summers here would be unbearable.  I appreciate the shade, the beauty and the color they bring to my life.


...the leaf blowers, they made the job go so much faster.  Dog appreciated the leaf piles that were created in a short time.



...Willem J. Kolff, the inventor of dialysis.  His intellect has made it possible for many to have a prolonged life, my father being among them. 

...my education.  Attending college is a privilege not many are able to have, I am very fortunate.

...the relationship I have with my family. I appreciate each family block that is part of the patchwork quilt of my family.  The mix of the Jimenez-Austin-Dodd-Calderon-Schwitters-Bragdon-Giroux-Ambrose-Carrillo family is dynamic.  We are a blend of Hispanics, Germans, Britons, French and Native Americans but we are all one in purpose, to create harmony and love among ourselves and to serve each other.  I am so very fortunate.

...the inventor of Kleenex.  As I've contemplated what I have to be grateful for, I've shed tears of gratitude, Kleenex have come in handy.

As I've pondered all of this, and there is much, much more for which I'm grateful but I don't want to bore you, I realized that I need to do this more often, I felt a great sense of peace.

If you haven't already done so, take a moment and ponder on the things you are most grateful for.



4 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for kind and generous friends who have welcomed us into their homes and treated us like family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I love to live an attitude of gratitude. It is those times when I lose sight of gratitude that I am most miserable.
    God bless you during this Thanksgiving season!
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for posts that bring a smile to my face and tear to my eye. Especially on days that I need both. I am grateful to know that He is mindful of me and you.

    ReplyDelete