Pages

11.23.2010

Holiday Scents

It's November 23, two days before the day we eat ourselves into oblivion, and I'm wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  Darn Texas weather!  

I don't know about you, but warm weather makes getting excited about Thanksgiving kinda hard, unless you live in Florida.  Or in Australia.  Or anywhere else in the Southern Hemisphere.  Although, if you live in Australia or the Southern Hemisphere, you don't observe Thanksgiving.  Unless...you're an expatriate.  

Thanksgiving is, for me, the beginning of the holiday season.  (No, Halloween is not a holiday in my book, just a day for kids, and some adults, to act crazy.)  For some unknown reason, I'm really looking forward to all the hub-bub that comes with this time of the year.  Unlike past years where I would just as soon not have bothered with any of the hub-bub.

The sights.  The sounds.  The tastes.  The smells.

Yes, the smells.  There are definite scents that I associate with Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Cinnamon.  Pine tree.  Pumpkin whatever.   The holidays without these scents are incomplete.

Husband and I used to have a live Christmas tree, until, well I don't remember why we quit having a live tree.  Anyway, we have a pre-lit tree that is very convenient but lacking on the fragrance that reminds me of my childhood Christmases.  

Ah, but there is a solution.  Candles, or diffusers, or Scentsy.  

My friend Jaime, who is a Scentsy consultant, has generously offered to sponsor my giveaway.   

Lemme' 'splain what you'll get to choose.

One of these adorable warmers


Here's a close-up of the shy one in the back


Or, if you're like me and collect Nativities, you might like this one.

There is also one you can choose if you celebrate Hanukkah.  Well,  you can choose this one too, even if you don't celebrate Hanukkah, Jaime says the color is beautiful.


Along with the warmer you'll receive three scent bars of your choice.  Since we are talkin' holidays, might I suggest three that I personally sampled: Christmas Tree, you'll be looking for your ax; Gingersnap, you can almost taste them; Cinnamon Bear, smells just like Red Hots.  But, you can choose any three that you'd like.

If you already have a Scentsy warmer, you could always give this as an early Christmas present.  Avoid the long lines and all that mess that comes with Black Friday.  Or, you could give yourself an early Christmas present!

Click on the Giveaway tab for all the particulars. 

37 comments:

  1. Pumpkin roll, fried turkey...and oh man I've had the stomach flu and none it sounds good at all! Bummer! I have 2 days to get over this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that has a pumpkin/spice or cinnamon fragrance I absolutely love! Oh, and the smell of hot apple cider. Geez, now I'm wishing I had hit Starbucks before I came home from "town"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will probably be the one I win with my allergy. HAHAHA

    Cinnamon is it for me. Feels like a warm hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll follow you anywhere...is it the blind leading the blind?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freshly baked pies, rolls and turkey are all scents that remind me of the holidays! I love this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a follower

    -Heidi

    writeme at heidimail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scents that remind me of the holidays are peppermint and pine. They even smell great together!

    -Heidi

    writeme at heidimail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. pine trees. and cedar tree. too bad they make us sick, and my tree is a fake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinnamon, pumpkin, and apple. And wood fire smoke in the air!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cinnamon for Christmas. I love the scented pinecones you can buy at Christmas. Gingerbread as well. Oh, hot chocolate too. All bring great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica always says it's not Christmas until she smells the gingerbread cookies baking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cinnamon mixed with bubbling caramelizing sugar and apples or cranberries instantly remind me of fall and the holidays. I love the how the aroma of the desserts layer over the sage and other savory herbs and sauteed onions. Mmmm, I'm gettin' hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course I'm a follower. You and Older Sis taught me how to bake and would let me lick the bowls, so I'd follow you anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only the smell of a fresh cut Christmas tree gives me the good holiday cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love foody scents like pumpkin and sugar cookies. A nice deep pine smell always makes me happy about the holidays too.

    I love Scentsy!!
    Thanks!
    lesliedoll at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cinnamon... mmm. And cider.

    maryhicken at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Evergreen, pumpkin, turkey, cinnamon...I love Christmas!
    *smiles*
    debbi
    hockman1(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a follower!
    *smiles*
    debbi
    hockman1(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm following via GFC

    marija.majerle at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Evergreen and cinammon come to mind. And baking bread. Mmm!

    marija.majerle at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pine needle and apple pie. I love this time of year! These are gorgeous.

    krissykidkare@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The smell of dry leaves reminds me of Thanksgiving and starts the excitement for holidays. Christmas however smells like gingerbread, cinnamon, and pine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pine, of course, although that is cliche :) But most of all the smell of gingerbread cookies baking the oven. It reminds me of my granda, whom I miss dearly....kimbarsness(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. the smell of pine trees, the scent of apple pie baking in the oven. fresh made gingerbread cookies. There is nothing better than pulling out my grandma's ornaments to hang on the tree and catching a wiff of her house and perfume and that kicks me back to the last christmas I had with her 5 years ago and makes me cry. Tears of sadness and happiness. I love this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cinnamon. Seriously. there's something about that smell. yuummm


    ms(dot)verymarried(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. i Follow your blog via gfc suelee1998 @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anything pumpkin or cinnamon they would swmell so good! suelee1998 @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite is apple pie!! Smells so good!

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  29. Definitely gingerbread, and also pine needles--reminds me of having the tree inside the house!

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    –Liza

    ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete