Pages

11.14.2010

BFF

There is something comforting about having a best friend.  

You know how it is.  Trusting them with your inner most secrets.  Being able to speak your mind freely without fear of retribution.  Knowing they'll be there for you.

My BFF is always ready to take long walks with me.  I don't mind that she likes to go at her own pace.  I have a hard time keeping up with her; sometimes though I get ahead of her and will have to wait while she saunters along.  I'll give her this, she can out run me.  I know I'll never be able to keep up with her.  Ah, whatever.  Running is overrated anyway.

BFF doesn't mind that I post pictures of her, even when I'm making fun of her hair.  She's so accepting of me and my weirdness.

BFF's are also very accepting of our cooking skills, or lack thereof.  My BFF is usually very content with whatever I fix her, even though it's usually out of a can.  

Sadly, BFF is getting old.  I'm already dreading the day that she'll leave me, I know Husband will also be very sad.  But, there is always eternity to be together.

Meet my BFF


She comes to the car everyday when I get home from work, waits for the door to open, then she'll put her head in the door, sit and not move until I scratch her head for at least a minute.  

Gotta love the devotion.

4 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes! I have a pug and I completely understand the bond and unconditional love you have with your pet. Dogs make the best bffs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my dog!!! Oh, and I checked the weather where y'all are. I expect her to be inside while it is raining today, tomorrow and Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled this up on my phone and didn't see the picture of Miss Addie until you wrote "Meet my BFF". She's beautiful and wise. Darn you Sis, you've made me cry. Not just sniffle, but truly cry. My BFF was laying next to me when I read the post and I can't stand the thought of him not always being with me. He never judges, always listens and is extremely patient with me when I can't figure out what he's trying to tell me. Oscar's saved me from myself on far too many occasions. They are far too wise to be considered "just dogs".

    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." -- Roger Caras

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Veronica! I hope you guys are doing well. Looks like a pretty faithful friend - that can't possibly be one of Aggie's puppies? Just curious.

    ps... next time you plan to get rid of a camera you just call me... I'll pay you for it!! Bummer I missed out :)

    ReplyDelete