Pages

11.03.2010

7:00 o'clock

Have you noticed how dark it is now at 7:00 in the morning?

For the past couple of weeks 7:00 a.m. has felt more
like 7:00 p.m.

I'm not the only one that's noticed.

Today I overheard a couple of comments in the hallway.

#1
All this dark when you wake up is not good.

#2
There's something wrong with coming to school and it's still dark.

I look forward to this weekend and the end of daylight savings time. 

Two reasons:

#1
It won't be dark at 7:00 when I leave for work.

#2
I won't have opossums and other nocturnal critters
 running out in front of the car and giving each other
a high five when they make it across 
the road.

One drawback to daylight at 7:00 a.m.,
6:00 p.m. will feel like midnight.

Maybe this is why bears hibernate.

4 comments:

  1. I agree...leaving for work when it is still dark in the mornings is a bit depressing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But trying to resist getting kids in bed at 6:30 when it's been dark for an hour is soooo hard!! Bedtime comes so slooowly at this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO sick of my kids waking up hours before sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean -- however, I've been enjoying the dark mornings. Here's why: When we pull out of our very dangerous driveway in the morning, we have to stare straight in the sun to determine if there's anyone coming or not down the highway... It doesn't work well, haha....

    ReplyDelete