Pages

10.04.2010

Yes, I'm Crazy

Recently, I had a couple of friends ask me if I had a camera with me everywhere I went nowadays.  

Yes.  Why?   Does that make me weird or something?

Don't answer that.

I'm always on the search for something to snap a picture of (eew, bad English here, you know, ending a sentence with a preposition).  

On the way to work this morning, I decided to open up Ol' Red's sunroof and snap a couple of pictures.  I must admit I was a tad cold when I did this, it was 48 this morning.

Here's what I got at 7:08 in the morning, going 40 m.p.h.


Not to worry, there were no other cars, animals or humans on the road.  Just Ol' Red, my pocket Canon and me. 

I'll admit it, I did try to take some pictures once I got on the main highway.  Let's just say that holding on to the camera going 70 m.p.h is a lot harder than at 40 m.p.h. 

No, I didn't have the camera jerked out of my hand...but it felt like I might.  So, I gave up on those shots.  However....

if someone is willing to drive while I shoot some pics, I'm so there.

Anyone interested in playing chauffeur?

3 comments:

  1. You're a nut job!, but I do support the craziness. Cool pics, too. Please stay out of the ditches...and don't run over anything, or hit a tree, or lose the camera.
    -baby sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment on your giveaway but I couldn't find anywhere to comment. I also followed you.

    Jessica

    mrs.catterson1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depending on the camera you're using, you can make that zooming effect without having to speed down the highway. I forget exactly, but a couple of months ago a friend of mine was trying to teach me some traditional photography -- not digital, I'm talking self-developed stuff here -- and he mentioned that sliding the zoom lens at the same second that you snap the picture can give you a nice zoom effect. I think.

    Sounds like something fun to try, right? Well, I tried it with my good ol' digital camera, and, well, it's broken now.

    ReplyDelete