Pages

9.13.2010

Strait Jacket

For the past 17 years I have endured a high school rite I'd just as soon not have to deal with.   I don't recall my own high school's rite but I'm sure it was there, I must be repressing it.

At HHS they take this rite seriously.  I was shocked, amazed, flabbergasted, and completely dumbfounded four years ago when I experienced it at HHS for the first time.

It's Homecoming Week.  I arrived at work this morning to this



and this




and this.



I'm sure some of you are thinking, come on V what's the big deal?  Don't be such a stick in the mud.

Umm, the problem is, remember, that I like things neat and orderly.  These halls are not neat and orderly.  Oh, yeah they look all festive and cute with the pretty red streamers and funky stars but by the end of tomorrow half of it will be all over the floor, in my room, on the kiddos faces, everywhere.  Not a pretty sight. 

Do you know what this is doing to my psyche?   Yes, I know, I'm weird.  I'm in desperate need of some serious help.

During Homecoming each day has a theme, I'm not sure what today's theme was but this is what one of my students was wearing.


He was the only one dressed like this. I don't think I'm the only one in need of some mental intervention.

Tomorrow is 'hat day'.  I'm not sure what the rest of the week holds.  I'll keep you posted.  That is if I'm not in a strait jacket by then.

Homecoming memories anyone?




4 comments:

  1. oh when i was young the mum's that the girls were wearing were the big deal..the bigger and more gaudy they were the better.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The annual mums from Jeannine! I got my name called over the intercom and got to go pick it up in the office on homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck are mums? It must be an East Texas thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, stay tuned...I'll post pics of 'mums'. And yes, they are an E. Tex thing, actually a Texas thing but more pronounced in E. Tex.

    Kelsey, I too remember those 'Jeannine mums' :)

    ReplyDelete