Pages

9.19.2010

Saturday

As a little girl one of my favorite things to do was watch cartoons on Saturdays.  Saturday was the only day of the week that we had cartoons back in prehistoric times and if we wanted to watch undisturbed all morning long, we had to have our chores done before we sat down to watch them.

My mom was mean like that.  She made sure we did the chore right too, if the job wasn't up to par, do it over.  Yep, she was a meanie.  Mom made us learn how to work...what a novel concept.  Thanks Mom.

I loved my cartoons. I was always the first one up sweeping the carpet (yes, sweeping; we didn't have a vacuum) so I could have dibs on the TV and the cartoon we would watch first.

Saturday is still my get-everything-clean-first-before-doing-anything-else-day.

I've gotten pretty efficient at having the entire house ready for the week by noon.  It helps that it's just Husband and me at home.  How messy and dirty can a house get with just two people...one of which is seriously suffering from a bad case of neatitis.

Saturday is the day I deep clean the house.  You know, mop, scrub toilets, dust everything, vacuum, wash rugs, do a couple of loads of wash, clean the stove, scrub the kitchen sink, scrub the shower, dust under Mt. Everest and sometimes mow the yard.

There are things, however, that make the cleaning easier and faster.  Nice things.  Environmentally friendly things.

These things.

Swiffer 360 duster
Caldrea Counter Cleaner
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
Trader Joe's Kitchen Cloths
At the risk of sounding like a Pitchman, I love these products.  

I know you've seen the commercials for the Magic Eraser and the 360 dusters, I won't bore you with a repeat.  They do what they say they'll do.  Love them.  Especial the Magic Eraser.  Wow it's great.

You may not be familiar with Caldrea and Trader Joe's Kitchen Cloths.  So, lemme 'splain.

Caldrea creates great earth friendly products that leave a wonderful, clean scent.  No over the top pine smell nor funky lingering after smell.  The products clean without leaving any residue, especially on granite.

Trader Joe's Kitchen Cloths are the ultimate cleaning rag.  Use, wash, reuse, wash, reuse, wash, reuse... You can't find them anywhere but Trader Joe's so if you don't live near a Trader Joe's, which I don't and wish I did but Baby Sis and Older Sis do, you're out of luck...or are you...

Time for a giveaway!!!  It ain't Oprah but at least you have a chance of winning!  Click the giveaway tab for all the details.

25 comments:

  1. Saturday is my relax day. I try to get chores done on Friday so I can play all day on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday is my get ready for Sunday!!! If I don't have to teach on Sunday I just play. I am a creative person and therefore I am not very scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I had kids and I worked a normal Mon-Fri job, Saturday was chore day. I did all my house cleaning and laundry on Saturday. Now I do that stuff during the week while kids are napping and try to spend time with the hubby and kids on Saturday. We usually go into "town" for lunch and make our weekly trip to Lowe's so we can work on home improvement projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to just stay out of the way of my wife...she works so hard all week and never seems to take a time for herself. I would take the stuff just to have some to help her out once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah... I'm a follower too. I love my magic erasers and I noticed the other day that I only have one left, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I win this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I definitely cherish the weekends because I don't have to be at work and can spend time with my favorite girl. But for good or bad, I can't just not do the chores like some people do. Maybe my priorities are mixed up, but I usually do cleaning on Saturday mornings. I might get some stuff done on Friday if I'm lucky. But Saturday often turns into errands/grocery shopping too. Have the magic erasers...but would love to try the other stuff! My favorite cleaning thing are the clorox wipes that are quick and easy, but my new favorite is the Hoover Floormate which cleans my hard floors. Way better than moving dirty mop water around...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saturdays are our time to be with 'Dad'. I try not to clean at all. A lot of the time we'll spend time with my mom and dad or some of Ben's family too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am already a follower via GFC
    stephcrs339 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saturday is family day. It's the first day my husband gets to spend with my son and I after his work week and getting home late. We usually try to go out for lunch and spend the day doing something fun!
    stephcrs339 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a neat freak, too... so I love that tag. :)

    On Saturday mornings, we sleep in (I am pregnant, so this will soon change) and then we head downstairs to make chocolate chip pancakes together. This will be a tradition we will keep with our kiddos, too. :)

    --Brandy
    fosterbrandy(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Saturday's are so willy nilly..some days we clean, others we shop, and sometimes we just take it really easy. I prefer the shopping/ taking it easy Saturdays over the cleaning Saturdays ;)

    jullpete(at)yahoo(dot)com

    I am dying to try the Trader Joe's cloths and the Caldera cleaning supplies. I alas do not live anywhere near a Trader Joe's and it breaks my little heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Follow on gfc now. joleehamlin [at] comcast [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! So nice. I almost always have some cleaning time, some family fun time, and some fellowship time. Love it! Bless you. joleehamlin [at] comcast [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saturday is the busiest day at the record & gift store my husband and I own. I sell lots of music, meet new people, and stay busy all day.

    Thanks for the giveaway- I need every one of these items!!

    lesliedoll at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since Saturdays are usually DH's only day off, we go to the park and have a picnic :) It's not far from us so it doesn't take long and it's something we all get to do together as a family :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am officially a follower of your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. On Saturdays I try to spend as much time as possible with my little one, Ribzy who is a Westie. We go to the dog park and probably spend a good two hours playing with other dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saturday is my relax-from-a-long-week day! I usually wake up early and go for a nice long run and then go to the public market with my mother. We've been doing this for the last 5 years now, and rarely miss a Saturday. :)

    serafinac@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saturdays are time for sleeping in! I'm a teacher, so I am up and out the door before 6:30 am. On Saturdays, I usually sleep in til about 8, which I know doesn't sound like anything special, but to me, it is! I also try to make it to the farmer's market on Saturday mornings. See what I can find in the mornings so I can start planning what meals to make for the week!

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    katherine.loiry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saturday is usually the only time all week I get to both work out for a full hour AND read the paper in one sitting. Sometimes I fit those around a lot of errands, cooking, or appointments, but those are my treats.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    --Liza

    ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I work for a collegiate sports team, so I typicall spend Saturday's at work. When I am not working, I love to attend the farmers market-it's the biggest producer only farmers market in the country!

    ReplyDelete