Pages

9.11.2010

Date Night

Husband and I try to do date night at least a couple of times a month.  Good for the 'ol marriage ya know.

Recent dates have been to Big D and some Friday Night Lights.

This Friday we ventured south and east of our home, or was it north and east. Hmmm, I'll get back to you on it.

Husband's cousin, Debbi, and her hubby, JW, opened a restaurant in May.  She'd invited us to come several times, last night was the first night we had some extra time to make the long but enjoyable drive to Caddo State Park.

There are several ways to get to Caddo.  Since I hate interstates and traffic, the scenic route down two lane roads was our chosen route.

IMG_6814

Loved the Spanish moss in the trees.

An hour and twenty minutes later we arrived at River Bend Restaurant.  It does seem like a long way to drive for a date but everything is far from our house, well everything that is fun and enjoyable.

IMG_6821



The views, spectacular.
IMG_6839



IMG_6836


The food, delicious.

IMG_6851



They have the BEST jalapeno Hushpuppies I've EVER eaten. 

IMG_6854

Light, fluffy, not at all greasy tasting with just the right amount of jalapeno in them. Miss Keezy Mae is the author of these delicacies. 

Oh my. They were so good. I could have eaten them all night.

Miss Keezy Mae, please come live with me so I can have these every single day.  Thank you.

A parting view of the beauty that is Caddo Lake.


IMG_6895


If you live in my Little Corner of East Texas and would like to to visit Debbi and JW at their lovely restaurant let me know, I'll give you directions.  It's a little out of the way but so well worth it. 

I'm not just saying that because she's family.  She wouldn't like it if I lied.

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to tell the hubby about this one. He's always looking for yummy restaurants to try, not to mention anyplace that has deep fried goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the old Big Pines Lodge? We haven't been out to Caddo in a while, but the kids will never forget their dad trying to paddle after a gator when we were canoeing (I wanted to go the opposite direction, thank you). Great place for ethereal pictures, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, you'll love the place. Kid friendly, as in there were kiddos there BUT, I would recommend just you and the hubs going; nice get away for the two of you.

    Running Girl, no, not the Big Pines Lodge. It's a new place that Debbi and JW, and another guy who's name I don't recall, started from scratch. I'm anxious to go back and take more pics...maybe a gator or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben and I went for our ann. in June. The medallions were wonderful! It was a peaceful drive.

    ReplyDelete