Pages

9.12.2010

Camo Moth

First there was  
Then there was

I now present Camo Moth.

moth 3


 I was watering the fern and almost
drench this critter. 
He was trying to hide.
He
almost 
succeeded.

I don't know that it's a 'he', I just call it a 
he. 
How can you even tell if they are male or 
female?


I had no idea there were so many different types of moths.
Well, yeah I did.  
Maybe.
I'd just never seen
them.

I wonder, where do you draw the line between
being a moth 
and 
being a butterfly?

They both start off as worms, build a
cocoon and then emerge as something with wings.

Is it that butterflies are colorful, where moths
are somewhat blah?
Although, 
Mothzilla was not blah in 
color nor size.

I believe I will get Running Girl's
son, Animal Kid,
to ID this critter too.
He's good that way.  He might 
even be able to answer my question about
Moth vs Butterfly.


2 comments:

  1. How do you attract so many moths?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to AK, this type of moth probably is not native to North America, concluded because he cannot find it in any of his Audubon Field Guides (says he while dumping them in my lap and running off). I think it is probably either some kind of tiger or flag moth, but I'm no expert. Oh, and AK says that the biggest difference is nocturnal vs. diurnal tendencies. :) Hope you are having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete