Pages

9.22.2010

Boys and Their Toys

Baleros, top, ball-in-a-cup, these toys are from Mexico.


Colorful.  Wooden.  'Old School'.
But not so old school that
they can't keep
some teenage boys
entertained.

Anytime there is a spare moment in class
you'll find the boys playing with 
these toys.




The object of the balero,is to get the
cylinder to land on the
peg.

Not as easy as it sounds.


Many attempts, not very
many successes.



Score!



In this day of mega technology,
it's nice to know that there are some
old fashion toys that
will hold the interest of an 
adolescent boy for more than just a
few seconds.

2 comments:

  1. I used to play with one of those. What memories!!! I know someone who hit their self in the faces with the barrel.

    Call me, we need to play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of toys. They are addictive though. One of our best toys in a wooden top that my grandfather made when I was pretty young. Ada loves it.

    ReplyDelete