Pages

9.23.2010

5:00 a.m.

Twice a week I get up at what some consider the 
beastly hour of 4:30 a.m.
I guess it is rather early.  

Why do I do this?  
So I can be somewhere at 5:00 a.m.
So I can submit myself 
to torture. 
And because I'm crazy.

This is where I have to be at 5:00 a.m.



The torture is inflicted by this man. 
Mr. Cool.


He does it with the best of intentions though.

Mr. Cool and I, along with 10 other equally crazy ladies and one gent,
have been having this little rendezvous
for about two years now.

The torture, er, um, workout, varies each time.
Today it was run two miles, abs, and these 


lateral jumps.  
 
I hate lateral jumps (yes, I'm
as surprised as you that I let Mr. Cool photograph me
attempting these lovelies). 
I'm also not too fond of running, as Mr. Cool knows.
Ab exercises are also not my cup of tea.

So why do I keep going if I don't like 
any of what Mr. Cool has
us doing?

Simple.
I need to lose weight.
 
I keep hoping that I'll wake up some day and I'll 
weigh 130 pounds,
heck I'd settle for 150. Yeah, that's not going to happen.
 
Maybe, in the future, I'll blog about reaching my
elusive goal.
 
Until then, I'll keep plugging away at the two mile runs, 
plank holds, lunges, lateral jumps, suitcase crunches, 
Ironwomans, stadium snakes, jump squats, 
jumping jacks, up-downs, grinders, 
split jumps, 180 degree squat jumps, and
running backwards 
for 100 yards.

Mr. Cool, 10 other women and I
have a standing date
twice a week at the football stadium.

Care to join us?  It's
quite fun, really it is.
No, really, it is.  
Honest.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me. I'm so impressed that you get up that early. I can hardly drag myself out of bed at 7am when Claire wakes up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geeez!! Yeah, I was actually looking into that over the summer... decided on P90X instead :X

    ReplyDelete