Pages

8.23.2010

Whew

Today was the official start of school for Texas.  

Whew.  Busy, busy day. 

Our school went to an eight period day this year, just like when I first started teaching 18 years ago...what's old is new again...it made for a long day.  I said the same thing 7 different times, I have one period as a conference period, by the third time I was boring myself.  Ick.   These were things that needed to be said to each class, so I was the only one hearing them over and over and over.  

My voice is tired.  Hopefully I won't be hoarse tomorrow.  I'm tired.  I woke up at 3:00, no reason, just Insomnia visiting again I suppose.  

I had intended to take some pictures of the kids in their back to school finery.  The only pictures I took of kids happened after school let out on my way home.   On the side of the road.  




Only in my Little Corner of East Texas would you find a herd of sheep/goats on the side of the road at 4:00 in the afternoon in 100 degree weather.   It made for an interesting commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment